On Blogging


I have been an avid and active blogger since 2006. Blogs are still a major form of the "personal website." 

Here are my currently active blog sites.

Weekends in Paradelle has posts every weekend from my online sanctuary about topics that I am thinking aboutabout writing and many observations (including celestial observations, like Full Moons).

Endangered New Jersey is my blog that focuses on the parts of New Jersey that are threatened or endangered. This is particularly about fish and wildlife, but also about natural spaces, historic preservation and the environment of our densely populated and wildly diverse state. This blog grew out of my 3+ decades of volunteer work for the NJ Division of Fish and Wildlife.

Serendipity35  was where I started blogging in 2006 and it still gets the highest number of readers every month. It has my thoughts about learning and technology and the places where they intersect.

As part of my own life in poetry, I blog about poetry at Poets Online which is a companion blog to my main  PoetsOnline.org site. Poets Online is a site that offers a monthly writing prompt for poets and publishes a monthly collection of the best of reader responses. The site has been online since 1998.

In 2014, I did a daily poem project called Writing the Day. It has 365 poems from that year, all written in the ronka poetry form. Since then, I continue writing there as a weekly practice.

A blog I call One-Page Schoolhouse is one where I hope I am “educating one page at a time” with short posts about a wide variety of topics.

My personal fascination with the etymology of words and the origins of names led me to start a blog called Why Name It That? which looks at the origins of the names of people, products, teams, words, phrases. The most popular category is the names of rock bands.

I really don’t think of Tumblr.com as a blogging site for me because much of what I post at RONKVILLE) are reposts and images, but Tumblr is a true blog platform for many people with more than 300 million accounts.

Comments

Popular Posts